Beware of Mold Lesson Videos
*You can use the document in the link below to either: tailor the experiment to your needs or to have a printable version of this lesson plan*
The plan is editable and printable. Copy the Google Doc in your own drive and make edits or you can just print.
Students will learn what food mold is and the conditions that can affect mold growth. Students will become better equipped to identify and prevent mold growth.
By the end of this experiment, students will be able to:
- Design an experimental bread mold project
- Compare and contrast bread mold with different variables, such as moisture level.
- Compare/Examine the bread mold control groups
- Identify bread mold and understand how mold spreads.
Experiment, Mold, decaying,
- 2 Ziploc bags
- 2 slices of bread
- The bread must be a variety that does not use preservatives – try sourdough bread from a bakery.
- Or, students can choose a variety of foods to compare (wet vs. dry)
- Permanent marker
- 1 spray bottle
- Observation sheet
Special Thank You to Our Funding From: